Monday, December 17, 2007

Worldcup cricket 2007

Yet another month has passed and there were many days where I thought of making entries into the blog but couldn’t . The third term exams are a week away . I have 4 quizzes in the next 3 days , 3 project submissions and then there are 2 vivas. So I decided on writing a blog . J

Today is one of the biggest matches of the world cup tournament and I am ostensibly excited . It’s a do or die match for the Indian team . For the sponsors of the tournament also , this is a big match since the Indians are the biggest crowd pullers and their elimination will lead to a great fall in the earnings. The match is being streamed into each room via the lan . So I can sit with the books and watch the match . Should I stock pop corn also?

Many events have passed by during the period in between , mid term results were out( they were bad as usual ) , the world cup has started( as I already mentioned ) , I won the best sports person award for the year 2007, we officially got the Sikandar award, we had a Sikandar party , three gult parties etc.

I forgot to mention the biggest of all .. the final placements for the seniors…there were 100% placements and most of the people landed up in great companies. I was part of a liasoning team for the companies Aditya Birla and KPMG, we did have a pretty decent time with the recruiters ( it seems KPMG demanded for various facilities last time around ) . I worked for 2 days and then slept for another 3 days to recover from the strain.

And then there was the convocation where for the first time the campus gave a residential look with so many parents roaming here and there. During this period they celebrated the PGP day wherein the achievers during the academic year were given awards. I was given the best sports person award that day. But a funny thing happened. Actually I was not informed beforehand that I will be getting that award that day . So as usual I had gone to the gym and while returning I went to the place where the event was going on. Though I was not interested in going inside, one of my friends wanted to see the awards and said that we shall sit inside for 10 minutes and then leave. We went in , I was wearing a tshirt and track pants and was sweating all over (coming from the gym..right?) . Some of the students there were wearing business suits . So we sat in the last row. Suddenly my name was announced and I had to go onstage in that attire. If that’s not enough they called me again to collect the Sikandar trophy . So that was pretty awkward . Best Sportsperson in his typical sports wear. Funny . Not for some, though.

No comments: