Monday, December 17, 2007

End of first year

(a blog that is postdated)

End of the first year in HelL

So the exams begun as suddenly as they always do when you don’t plan properly

Having completed my first year in HelL ( ‘with a bang’…just wanted to say that ) , I started on my journey back home . I took a train from Lucknow to Delhi with some friends. Since we booked for different flights and as my flight was supposed to take off later in the day , I said adieu to my friends and then looked for a dormitory in the Delhi railway station .. but as expected ran into trouble. The counter for booking was supposed to open at 8 A.M but the time then was 6.30 . Then I waited for around an hour and then checked again to see if it was open.

The counter is located near the entrance of the station whereas the dormitories are situated well inside on the first floor. So, to avoid the pain of carrying the luggage around I went to the cloak room and deposited the heavy bag there. Carrying the lappy bag along the some washing kit, I packed the idea of taking a dorm and headed straight to the waiting room . Since my train ticket was till New Delhi only . they refused me entrance into that unless I crease their palm with 10 bucks. Having obliged that , I went in and attended my washing chores. Resting for half an hour (to compensate for the 10 bucks that I have paid ) , I came out and went to a restaurant in front of the station. I still had 4-5 hrs before I could check in . I ordered a dosa, bought a news paper and then kept eating the dosa for around an hour in the air conditioned lobby of the restaurant. Then I had a coffee and spent another half an hour . Having got the courage to stay put in that place I opened my lappy and started reading stuff.

Gazing at the people moving around I spent almost 2 hours. Finally to get rid of me as well as the mosquitoes they started cleaning the place by spraying some poisonous chemical around. So I finally came out, collected my luggage from the cloak room and headed for the airport though I had more than 2 hours to check in. The prepaid auto costed 90 bucks and we reached the airport in under 40 minutes.

No comments: