Monday, December 17, 2007

Briefing

(blog written sometime back ..but couldn't be posted at that time )

Its almost five months since i started posting and still its only 4 entries long ... all this inspite of me being interested in writing stuff... i hav decided yet again that I will plan my daily activities and try to stick with them ... lets see how well it goes ..

so many things hav happened in the period from the last one .. we have managed to win sikandar, the inter-hostel tournament I mentioned somewhere else earler.. we won gold in Cricket , after fighting every inch of our way .. at one point it looked like we were out of contention and the next day we turned the tables upside down by thrashing a strong opponent .. poor guys, they were leading our pool before the match and were considered one of the strongest contenders , with the manner of defeat they fell to the bottom of the pool and failed to qualify for the semis .. The final was a tightly contested one in which I managed to disgrace myself after all the good performances in the earlier matches ... still we managed to win the match because of some awesome batting by Sudheer..boy, he showed some real class that day ...

All my hostel mates call me the player of the tournament :) .. I was there, contributing in all the teams .. and it feels great if we achieve something to show for all the hours spent ..

Right after the cricket tournament , the mid terms happened .. went through the motions as always .. i realised that something has gone wrong with my memory .. i used to remember a lot of things as they were from the books that I read ..but lately i seem to have lost the power ..out of 5 points, I invariably forget atleast one ... i hav to start taking some measures.. All of this happened because I relaxed too much during my stay in IIT .. u need to constantly keep ur brain engaged to keep it sharp forever...

thats what even research says .. ppl who keep their brains engaged by resorting to games like sudoku , crosswords etc. are less likely to suffer from Alzheimer's disease .. so ppl be careful .. dont always leave the brainy things to others ...

No comments: