Monday, December 17, 2007

Completing the fifth term@IIML

Dec, the 13th , 2007 00.45 @Home

I just completed the final examinations of my fifth term in HelL. Though I had lots of time to prepare for these exams, as usual because of bad planning, I faced paucity of time towards the end. Last two weeks before the exams were entirely spent on the projects, three of which I was sort of the mastermind of the project reports( BE, CRM and SDM). Finally the exams arrived and since I was in a precarious position in Business environment course, I devoted all my time to that course when I had another difficult course(MPC) also to deal on the same day. The BE exam went well but the MPC exam got totally screwed . I dint know a bit of what was asked in the paper and was also feeling sleepy after an almost nightout. So the natural consequence was a very bad 3 hour question-answering/globing ordeal.

After that I had the exams for CRM ..BIDM .. SOM .. BIDM .. they all passed in a haze.. I managed to write some crap in those papers. The exam got over at 9pm on 8th and I had my train at 00 am on the 9th. So, as soon as I finished my exams, went to the mess, bid goodbyes to some friends and started preparing for the journey. I shared an Auto with Prabal. When we reached the station, we realized that the trains were running late and I just hoped that mine wont be. But my train arrived 3 hours late. Mine was break journey, I had to travel by one train(Kushinagar express) till Bhopal and then by another(swarnajayanti express) to Samalkot, which is adjacent to my city, Kakinada. Luckily I planned for 5 hour buffer between the trains of which 3 hours has been utilized .

The train reached Bhopal 3 hours late as expected. But my other train also got delayed by 3 hours. So the 5 hour gap remained as it is. Since Bhopal is not a place where we can roam around, we confined ourselved to the waiting room in the railway station . I started watching the movie Superbad(2007) on my Lappy. I couldnt finish the movie since there were some sleazy scenes in the movie. Since this train was going to AP, most of the people were speaking in telugu. Watched the movie Athithi with some of the co- passengers and slept off around 12pm . There were some girls from NIT Allahabad going home for the vacations in our compartment. They made noise for most of the time and fortunately they settled down around 11pm. The next day they started from where they left off the previous night at 8 am in the morning. I was feeling hungry. So climbed down, washed my mouth and had bread omlet which the catering personnel served. Luckily most of the girls reached their destinations and alighted the train.

I again dozed off and woke up for lunch. Lunch comprised of Egg curry with roti and rice. I dint taste any great. But who am I to complain . I reached my destination station around 4 pm and got into a bus to go my place. The bus was typically packed . Luckily I occupied two peoples space and no one complained. When I brushed my backpack against an old woman’s hand, she started mouthing expletives. Not giving any damn to her, I put on my headphones and started listening to some music. The bus took a round trip around the natural way it used to go. On asking, people around me told me that they are constructing a flyover along the path, so the bus will take alternate route. I hired an auto for Rs 20 and reached my house. The autowala tried to get 5 more bucks from me but couldn’t. No one was there at my house when I reached. So I opened the door, unpacked my bags and sat in front of the TV with some snacks.

No comments: